I posted this picture on Saturday and everyone was asking me for the recipe so here you go! This is so simple and easy to make. Gluten free, dairy free and only has a small amount of added sugar in the honey (2.5g per slice). It works out to 19g of carbs, 6g of fat and 12.5g protein per slice.
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g protein powder (I use pulsin rice or hemp protein)
- 100g coconut flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 20g honey
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon and stir.
- Beat the eggs and add to the bananas.
- Stir in the coconut flour, protein powder, honey, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Add more sea salt and cinnamon if required.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and non stick baking dish and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot or cold with butter or nut butter.