1 head of broccoli
1/2 large avocado
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 large handful of coriander, finely chopped
1 handful of chives. finely chopped
2 tbsp of sunflower seeds, toasted
salt and pepper to taste
- Tear the top florets off the broccoli and discard the thicker stem (I actually save the stems and juice them when I make a green juice so as not to waste anything). Collect the florets in a bowl.
- Add the avocado, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Using your hands massage the ingredients together for about a minute to soften the broccoli.
- Toss in the coriander, chives and sunflower seeds.
- Season as appropriate and serve as a side dish or eat as a snack